Although the COVID-19 pandemic is not fully gone, the summer festivals are back. And with that my favorite Swiss music festival: Paléo Festival which takes place in Nyon. Yay! So if you’re wondering how to do festival fashion sustainably in 2022, you came to the right place.
The answer, as you can expect is: YES. You can dress up sustainably, fashionably, and respect your budget. How? Check the following rules.
FESTIVAL FASHION SUSTAINABLY IN 2022
- Before you buy new stuff, check your closet. You may find a piece that you forgot about. And with a bit of DIY, you can turn an old tee into a festival-worthy piece. If you have an older sibling or a parent whose style you admire, raid their closets as well (with their permission, of course).
- Organize a clothing swap party with your friends. Without spending money, you can get new, fashionable pieces. The golden rule is to agree beforehand on how many pieces of clothes, shoes, and accessories each of you will bring.
- Set a budget and respect it – think of your own style over what’s in fashion.
- Versatility – will you be able to wear the clothes/shoes/ accessories also on other occasions and in the years to come?
- Visit a second-hand store, charity shop, or consignment store in your area. If you live in Geneva, check the list of my favorite consignment store (depot-vente in French) HERE.
- Check online second-hand platforms such as Vinted (not available in Switzerland), Depop, Facebook Marketplace, Ricardo, MyPrivateDressing, or the Vestiaire Collective. Golden rule: plan in advance! It can take several weeks to receive the item, especially, if you use the verification service of Vestiaire Collective.
- Don’t forget to have fun! That is what the whole experience is about.
Are you planning to attend summer festivals this year? Which ones? Did you find my tips helpful? Let me know in the comments below.