How to choose sustainable fabrics? In this video, I share:
- pros and cons of the most popular fabrics,
- sustainable alternatives to synthetic fibers, and
- I give reasons why you should choose sustainable fabrics.
I tried to make this guide as simple and short as possible. I imagine that you are busy with your life and may not have much time. It can also feel daunting when the writer uses complicated and scientific terms. I struggled with this when I wanted to learn more about sustainable fashion. If it is comprehensible only to a scientist, how can I change my behavior?
Let’s start with the fact: when we are informed, we make better choices.
Small acts such as:
- shopping less,
- wearing our clothes longer (not only for one season),
- taking better care of our clothes,
- repairing broken clothes and shoes instead of throwing them away,
- being aware of how our choices impact the environment and people,
- washing our clothes only when we need to (and at a low temperature)
These actions have a huge impact on how fashion, and clothes we wear, speed up or slow down climate change.
P.S. In this video, I talk about a sustainable Swiss fashion brand Ananda Zurich. They make beautiful handbags of Pinatex, which is a pineapple leather. !!!
You can now get 15% off Ananda Zurich handbag if you use code “MIRIAM” at the checkout!!! 🙂