In this article, I will introduce you to two sustainable Swiss brands that make sustainable recycled socks. What do I mean by sustainable recycled socks? First, they are made of organic and recycled materials as well as yarns which have a low environmental impact.
There are two sustainable Swiss brands whose socks I tried and keep wearing:
PASCALE CORNU (SWITZERLAND)
- My all-time favorite sustainable Swiss brand which I have been supporting for more than 6 years,
- socks are made of recycled cotton, polyamide, and polyethylene, and they are available in 3 colors,
- comfortable and soft fit – I have a shoe size 42,5 EUR and I can wear size 40,
- affordable (19 CHF), and they are made in France.
Watch my video to see sustainable recycled socks by Pascale Cornu “in action” (timestamp 02’25):
TEAL PROJECT (SWITZERLAND)
- A start-up brand that offers sustainable socks which are made of recycled materials (77% of the materials is recycled),
- produced in Europe and available in 3 colors,
- tight but comfortable fit,
- affordable (22CHF), carbon-neutral delivery, and free shipping over 40 CHF.
CONSCIOUS STEP (USA)
- Fairtrade, organic (GOTS) and vegan certified premium socks.
- they support various social causes with their profits.
- organic cotton socks which are made in the USA,
- they use low-impact, non-toxic dyes.
SWEDISH STOCKINGS (SWEDEN)
I discovered the brand during the COVID-19 quarantine. I like the fit but in the future, I will size up because I have long legs.
- The quality is comparable to Wolford or Fogal,
- the brand uses recycled materials,
- they collect old nylon pantyhose and recycle/ upcycle them into tables,
- their socks and stockings are chic and affordable.
Watch my video about Swedish Stockings.
ORGANIC BASICS (DENMARK)
- They use natural, renewable, recycled, biodegradable and/ or low-impact textiles,
- you can see the factories on the website,
- their website is a “low impact”.
- a friend of mine recommended their socks,
- they are certified: organic cotton (GOTS), fair trade, ethically made.