In this post, you will find a list of my favorite second hands in Geneva. Shopping at second hands has always been my passion. I grew up in the Czech Republic where people love hunting for treasures in thrift stores.
No one sees is as something unclean and weird. It does not mean that you are poor if you shop at second hands. On the contrary – why would I pay full price for a designer handbag or a silk blouse if I can find it in a consignment store for a fraction of its original price?
Shopping at consignment stores or second hands in Geneva is a sustainable choice. You give longer life to the garments that would otherwise finish in a landfill.
When I moved to Switzerland, I realized that there were two types of second hands in Geneva:
- Consignment stores – upscale and designer brands. All the clothes, bags, and accessories are in perfect condition.
- Second hands (also called charity shops or thrift stores) – high-street and fast-fashion brands. The clothes quality varies.
LIST OF MY FAVORITE CONSIGNMENT STORES, CHARITY SHOPS AND SECOND HANDS IN GENEVA:
A) LUXURY (from 100 – 5,000 CHF)
Brands: Chanel, Hermès, Balenciaga, YSL, Fendi, Dior, Bottega Veneta, Louis Vuitton, Diane von Fürstenberg, Alaïa, Marni, Chloè, Stella McCartney, Missoni, Christian Louboutin, ERES, luxury cashmere brands, Burberry, Max Mara, etc.
- GM Boutique (3, Avenue Pictet-de-Rochemont, Eaux-Vives, Geneva, opened: Tue-Fri 11:00- 18:30, Sat 11:00-17:00, summer working hours may vary)
My favorite luxury consignment store in Geneva for clothes. Carries clothes, handbags, and accessories. Everything is dry-cleaned and in a perfect condition.
- Le Flamant Rouge ( Place du Bourg-de-Four 4, 1204 Geneva, opened: Mon 11:00-17:00, Tue, Thu, Fri & Sat 11:00-18:15, summer working hours may vary).
Luxury consignment store in the heart of Geneva. I like their handbag and accessories selection. It is more expensive than the GM Boutique.
B) AFFORDABLE (from 5 – 300 CHF)
Brands: Esprit, Sandro, Karen Millen, Diesel, Replay, Tommy Hilfiger, Zara, Mango, Kookai, H&M, etc.
- Hazard ( Rue de Monthoux 34, 1201 Geneva, opened: Mon 14:00-18:30 /Tue-Fri 10:00-18:30, Sat 10:00-17:00, summer working hours may vary)
This store doesn’t have a website but it is on of my favorite second hand stores in Geneva.
The clothes are clean and it is well organized. From time to time, you can find garments from expensive brands but most of the time they have fast fashion brands.
The state of the clothes is between good and great.
- Mon Joli Trésor ( Rue des boucheries 23, 1290 Versoix, opened: Tue & Fri 13:00-19:00, Wed & Thu 09:30-18:30, Sat 10:00-18:00, summer working hours may vary)
It is an affordable consignment store in Geneva. The clothes are clean, it an upscale thrift store. You need to search well. The other day I found blouses from Max Mara that looked like new. Most of the time they have fast-fashion high-street brands.
The state of the clothes is between OK to great.
- Vêt’Shop (Rue Leschot 2, 1205 Geneva, opened: Mon-Fri 10:00-19:00, Sat 09:30-17:30, summer working hours may vary)
It is a charity shop run by Genevan Red Cross. The clothes, shoes, and accessories are very affordable, clean and from fast-fashion high-street brands.
- CSP (they have several boutiques in Geneva – at Plainpalais, Eaux-Vives, Jonction, and Paquis, all have the same opening hours: Mon-Fri 10:00-18:00, Sat 10:00-17:00, summer working hours may vary )
A charity shop run by the Protestant Social Center in Geneva. It offers affordable, clean clothes from fast-fashion high-street brands.
Before we say goodbye, I would like to mention that, you can also purchase pre-loved clothes online. Below are some platforms that I recommend:
C) ONLINE CONSIGNMENT & SECOND-HAND PLATFORMS
- Vestiaire Collective– an online consignment store. Focuses on luxury designer brands. Probably the most famous one. It is based in France but operates worldwide.
- Depop, Vinted, thredUP, Marketplace on Facebook – online consignment and thrift platforms where you can find affordable and cheap pre-loved clothes, shoes ,and accessories.
Watch my video “Why I shop in Second Hands”.
Do you like to shop at second hands or consignment stores? Why?