Today I want to share with you my favorite zero waste products that I have been using for the past year. I will focus on the zero waste products that work for me. I will also mention some organic beauty brands that are not zero waste, but I use them because they help my skin look and feel healthy and nourished. All organic beauty brands that I use are packaged in glass containers.
You can see the full list in my zero waste products hits and misses in the video:
- Shower gel: instead of shower gel packaged in a plastic bottle, you can use solid shower gel (from LUSH) or a bar of soap (from The Body Shop or a bulk store) made of natural ingredients. I always look for products that are package-free.
- Shampoos and conditioners: you can find solid shampoos and conditioners that are package-free in a bulk store or Lush.
- I use bath foams and bath bombs instead of bath foam packaged in plastic (available in bulk stores or LUSH)
- Toothpaste: I tried several kinds of toothpaste in the last year, but I love the most the toothpaste alternative available in LUSH.
- Body cream: you can warm-up shea or coconut butter in a water spa and massage it onto your skin. LUSH has an amazing body butter that you use in the shower.
- Lip balm: I refill mine in a bulk store.
- I use a menstrual cup instead of period pads.
- And you can use essential oils instead of perfume- dilute one or two drops in a carrier oil before you put it on your skin.
In my video, you can also see zero waste products that I tried but didn’t like the result. There are not many, but I wanted to share them with you so that you won’t have to go through the same experience