At first, I wanted to call this “Why You Should Not Listen To The Wolves,” but it felt too stiff. What I noticed lately, is that the more I become self-aware and listen to my intuition, the more I attract people who keep telling me how to grow, build a business, and become successful. It sounds tempting but instead of falling in the trap, I learnt to listen but step back and think. Does this person have the energy that corresponds to mine? How do I feel in their presence?
And here is what I learnt:
- If I don’t feel 100% sure about their intentions, I can listen to them, but I will not follow them.
- It’s my responsibility to decide which energy I will allow in my life. Even if I don’t know why I don’t “feel” the person, I respect my intuition and will not let them influence me.
- There is a big difference between people who push your buttons (and thus force you to work on something that you need to master to grow as a person) and people that you don’t “feel”. Oftentimes, these people seem fine on the surface and you may not put your finger on what is “out of line”. That’s because it’s not visible to our eyes and our brain, we “feel it” with our inner compass.
- You don’t need others approval or understanding. Remember that others have their own inner compass, believes and dreams. You don’t need to justify your decisions (especially when it comes to creativity).
- Don’t strive to be likable. Accept that some people will never like you and that’s OK. It’s their right and it’s not your problem.
SHOP THE POST: