I read my horoscope for 2019 and one of the things that struck me was that Libras would feel the need to improve their house. Spring cleaning? Nah, at that time it felt a bit unrealistic. Since Chloe-Sofia was born, I had no time nor will to reorganize our house. And to be honest, some of my closets needed some attention.
When we came back from Costa Rica I decided to buy a work desk which meant that we had to take apart her changing table, “Sleepi bed” and subsequently, clean the closets to put all the baby stuff in.
I really didn’t want to hear about spring cleaning but then a friend of mine mentioned Marie Kondo. According to her, you should regularly part ways with items that you don’t use or don’t bring you any happiness.
Even Feng-Shui, ancient Chinese art, and science that helps you organize space based on the flow of energy promote spring cleaning.
You can see it from this point: less clutter in your home = more space for new things to come.
Here are five tips to make your spring cleaning time efficient and avoid feeling emotionally drained:
- Say goodbye to things that you have not worn in the last year and know that you will not wear in the future.
- Take your time. Don’t rush it. If it seems hard, keep the item and try it again a few weeks later. You can also give jewelry and clothes to a charity instead of stashing them in the bin.
- Keep in mind (try to imagine) how clean and light your room /closet will look once you are finished.
- When you’re done, give yourself some time to “feel” the new energy and get accustomed to the new “space.”
- Don’t forget to have fun. 🙂