What is your take on pop music?
There are songs that I listened to when I went through a break-up (Someone Like You, anyone?), Kelly Clarkson (Stronger (What Doesn’t Kill You)) to lift up my spirits, World Music when I do yoga and lately, music for children, that Chloe-Sofia likes to sing and dance to.
When I was in high school, pop music wasn’t as cool as it’s now. Everyone listened to The Beastie Boys or Metallica, we wore Vans sneakers and oversized hoodies and thought that was cool.
What is cool in 2018?
Sophie de Quay and The WaveGuards. The pop electro trio (Sophie de Quay, Simon Jaccard, and Tim Verdesca) was founded in 2016 in Switzerland. Since then, they’ve performed in NYC, Switzerland, France, Belgium, and Romania. and around Europe. Currently, they are on tour promoting their first album Drop The Mask.
And if you plan to go to Montreux Jazz Festival this year, you can see them live at open-air scene Music in the Park on 8 July 2018.
In this episode we’ll discuss:
– How to build a successful career in pop music.
– Why you should stay yourself and nurture your strengths.
– Where Sophie de Quay and The WaveGuards found inspiration for their first album.
– Why you should dream big.
– What and who they have in common with Stromae.
– How to use social media to build and reach your audience, and much much more.
If you like this episode, like our video and follow our YouTube channel Currently Wearing Presents.