Why is there such a low number of women in tech? Have you ever noticed?
Last week we celebrated International Women’s Day. I believe that it is an important day to celebrate how far we got. On the other hand, when you hear about #MeToo movement, gender pay gap or a low number of women in tech, you can’t help but wonder if we ever reach equality in the foreseeable future.
But let’s remain positive and hopeful. A friend once said that it takes 20 years for a change to happen. it seems long but look at it from a different perspective. It all starts with a single step. Each and every one of us can be a driver of change and that is why I chose Stefany Barker for today’s interview. As a founder of WaaS websites and Girls in Tech – Switzerland she exudes inner strength without losing her femininity. What an inspiration to young girls and women not only in tech.
In this interview you will learn:
- Why is important to increase the percentage of women in tech in Switzerland (as well as all around the world).
- Why digital literacy for both men and women since a young age is non-negotiable.
- Who and how can join Girls in Tech – Switzerland.
- What is Hackathon and what Girls in Tech – Switzerland achieved during their “Hacking for Humanity Geneva” event.
- How to increase your productivity and achieve more with a to-do list.
Waas Websites: https://www.omaasdigital.com/
Girls in Tech – Switzerland: https://www.facebook.com/GITSwitzerland/
Trello boards- organize and prioritize your projects in a fun, flexible and rewarding way: https://trello.com.
Watch interviews on Currently Wearing Presents HERE.