I used to take ballet classes when I was small and what I liked about them the most was my tutu skirt. It made me feel like a ballerina. And when I saw this skirt online, I knew I had to try to make it myself. It was fun, especially because I could not wait to see Chloe-Sofia’s reaction. At first, she did not want to wear it. But then I made one for myself and she changed her mind. As one of my friends like to say, she is in her monkey see, monkey do stage. This tutorial is simple and takes maximum 45 minutes.
You will need:
- 2 meters of tulle, ( for a small child)/ 5 meters (for an adult). I recommend that before you purchase the material, decide what length your tutu skirt should have and discuss with shop assistant how much fabric you will need. Chloe-Sofia’s tulle is 35 centimeters long (mine 1 meter).
- Wide ribbon
- A piece of a cardboard or a cooking pot.
How to do it:
- Start with rolling tulle into a cylinder and cut it into 10 cm wide sections.
- Measure your waist. Cut the ribbon (add 10 centimeters on each side so that you can tie a nice bow at the end).
- Tie the ribbon around the cardboard or the cooking pot. It will make it easier to tie the tulle strips on it.
- Fold a stripe of tulle in half and tie it to ribbon as shown below.
CHLOE-SOFIA’S TUTU SKIRT
Photos by Alex and I.
Shop this look: