Mint&Berry blue coat, Mango blue jeans, Furla Mini Metropolis bag, Tommy Hilfiger Gigi Hadid boots.
Photos by Alexander Ramp
Happy Tuesday, everyone.
How is your week going so far? Would you agree that these cold winter days are too grey, too dark and simply too tedious? Sometimes I feel like staying in bed and not getting out all day. Unfortunately, I only feel like that because Chloe-Sofia won’t let us stay in bed for too long.
Someone once advised us to get a night sitter. It is a student who watches your baby overnight. You must have a spare room or a spare bed in your baby’s bedroom where the student can rest. And when your baby wakes up, she takes care of him/ her while you can sleep. I heard that some students at University of Geneva do that. And I am seriously entertaining this option.
I don’t even remember how it feels when you sleep through the night. Some people say that it will get better when Chloe-Sofia turns one, others reckon that we have to wait till she reaches 18 months. I admire parents with more than one child. I don’t know how they do it. Maybe it has something to do with age- I can see that my friends who just turned thirty and have kids are much more energetic and resourceful. There are many things that lift my mood when I feel down and tired.
1. A cup of tea/ coffee or hot chocolate (depending on the mood) while I am reading a book or my favorite newspaper by myself. Time for yourself is necessary in order to recharge batteries and find your “center”.
2. Long hug. I read once that it must last 6 seconds to make an effect. Next time when you hug somebody, count till six. You will see that feels longer than you think.
3. A kiss from Alex.
4. Long walk in nature.
6. Yoga. Natural way to release endorphins.
7. Meeting a friend.
8. My favorite food. Now it is mille-feuille. I crave sweets all the time (thanks to lack of sleep).
9. Visiting a gallery/ museum or going to the cinema.
10. Shopping therapy. This one is on the last position because it has a very short term effect.
What do you do when you are feeling down?